Hilton Garden Inn in Little Italy, San Diego
Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Downtown/Bayside is located in the vibrant Little Italy area, a hidden local gem in downtown San Diego. Explore the array of unique cafes, restaurants, pubs, art galleries, ice cream parlors, shops and boutiques this lively neighborhood has to offer. A great alternative to the tourist-filled Gaslamp Quarter, Little Italy is where the locals hang out. The area began as the hub of San Diego’s flourishing tuna fishing industry, home to generations of Italian families who made their living on the sea and has evolved to become a thriving community. Discover Little Italy for yourself, just exit our hotel, take a walk up Kettner Avenue and presto, you’re in Little Italy!
Places to See in Little Italy
- Pacific Standard Coastal Kitchen – Little Italy’s new ‘Top Chef’-Led restaurant.
- Piazza Basilone – A permanent public space dedicated to honor Sgt. John Basilone.
- Our Lady of the Rosary Catholic Church – Built in 1924
- Washington Elementary S.T.E.A.M. School – The oldest elementary school in Downtown San Diego.
- San Diego Firehouse Museum – Founded in 1962, the firehouse resides at First Avenue and B Street at the City Operations Building.
- One-Mile Walk – Tour around Little Italy. The One-Mile Walk was created to give visitors a workout regiment that does not cross any intersections or stop lights.
- Waterfront Bar & Grill – San Diego’s oldest tavern, established in 1933 shortly after prohibition was repealed.
- Embarcadero – Located along the harbor on the east side of San Diego Bay, the Embarcadero is home to the San Diego Cruise Ship Terminal, the USS Midway, Navy Pier, the Star of India, and the San Diego Maritime Museum.