Things To Do
When you stay at our Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok hotel, you'll be close to all the fun. Walk to the train station or take advantage of the city's reliable public transport network to get you to a variety of places including Disney Land, Ocean Park or the airport. Some of our top nearby attractions include:
- Ladies' Market (Tung Choi Street) - over 100 stalls of bargain clothing, accessories and souvenirs along a one kilometer stretch.
- Sneakers Street (Fa Yuen Street) - where Hong Kong's image-conscious youth come to get their statement-making footwear. Shop the latest designs and limited-edition releases from all over the world.
- Goldfish Market (Tung Choi Street North) - lined on either side with shops devoted to many types of fish, from uncommon shaped goldfish to colorful tropical species with high to low-range price tags.
- Langham Place - the largest shopping mall in Mongkok, with over 200 shops, a digital sky, live performances and a unique corkscrew design.
- Sai Yeung Choi Street South - high concentration of electronic shops, famous for merchandize such as TV games and computer gadgets. Pedestrian zones attract many street performers, making Sai Yeung Choi Street a significant hot spot.
- Temple Street Night Market - an enduring example of the theatre and festivity of a Chinese market. At this nightly bazaar, trinkets, tea ware, electronics, watches, menswear, jade and antiques are scrutinized and haggled over, while claypot rice, seafood, noodles and other treats are consumed with gusto.
In and around Town
Tian Tan Buddha
Enjoy views over Lantau as you climb the 268 steps up to the world’s largest Buddha, or “Big Buddha”.
This 552-meter peak is the highest point on Hong Kong Island and one of the most visited spots.
Hong Kong Museum of History
Journey through Hong Kong’s past with a look at archaeology, culture, natural history and more.
Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade
The promenade offers skyline views, top museums and art centers, and elegant bars and restaurants.